The Golden Age of Monkey Science


Monkey science detail by the Goat


Monkey science detail


Goat section of Monkey Science

It is always a pleasure to be out painting with Kem & Mef as they tend to produce big pieces very quickly which is a challenge for me as I tend to work very slowly so I often find that I have little time to agonise over every tiny detail & often I am surprised by the result.
This was two days of fighting against the elements as a deluge meant that we had to take cover under a nearby cae park & venture out in dry spells to attack the hoardings which were near a very busy supermarket in Walsall. We had to contend with shoppers walking through our very limited space & knocking the paint over & cars driving through every couple of seconds. By the end of the second day I was so exhausted that I could hardly move. They are a strange breed in Walsall. Utterly focussed on their own minute appetites as they wander in a fugue through their surroundings trampling anything in their path without recognition or a single word. Conversation is practically non existent in that strange place.
There are more shots of this available on the KeMeF blog here:
And also here And also here:

No comments:

Post a Comment