Freakshow Tamworth 2011


Aerosol Planet video from the Freakshow jam.

They took footage of me even though I asked them not to & now everyone knows that I paint wearing a suit & look like a magician down on his luck. Thankfully you cannot hear my brummie accent.

Shot of the section of Freakshow jam painted by Rmer, Mac 1, Kem & Mef & the Goat.
Essex Rockers were to my right on the same wall but did not appreciate the fact that I was listening to the Mars Volta quite loudly, not the short stuff either but Day of the Baphomets on repeat. thirteen minutes of electric insanity.



Having said that, they were listening to an old Trifle track that I hadn't heard previously on some DJ compilation.


The Witch of Tamworth

4 comments:

  1. I can see why they found it so hard not to film you...with all the urban street wear going on I as a photographer would gravitate to the man in the suit brilliantly painting sublime images.. the show looked massive! Someday we may hear that accent and I will be listening :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a quiet sort of man I prefer to go about my business unhindered by recognition. It is often the case that fame hunters get in the way of actually making the work, I could hardly get near the surface at a recent event & had to wear a shirt over my face because of all the photographers & the results suffered. I have often been asked to write books or articles or to do TV & I always refuse. There is a glut of people who are not creative trying to suck a profit from the work that committed individuals live & die for & I will not be a part of it.
    To be a soundbite in someone elses ghettoised conception is my nightmare.
    It is my ambition to disappear totally & leave no physical trace other than a tiny warm memory in the minds of a few genuine individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you work deep within yourself. I understand your need for privacy being a private person myself. A lot of times it's a form of politeness that forces me to come out. I respect how you stay true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that your politeness allows you to interact with me.

    "Shyness is nice & shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to."
    It's trite but amusingly true.

    ReplyDelete